Friday, August 18, 2006

New Pictures

Ok...with my new and improved blog I can finally post some pictures that I couldn't before.

Here they are.

Lunch with my new Chinese family.


Kevin was eating some
pickled duck eggs. They wanted me to try one. I told them that back in America we had pickled chicken eggs and I wouldn't eat those either!
So as not to offend anybody.


In my office.


Out and about on my new Chinese ride.


Now this guy kept trying to ask me some questions one day in the park. I didn't understand a word he said so he figured he would write them down for me and make it a little easier. I can read even less Chinese than I can speak. I took the note pad to school and one of the Chinese teachers translated it for me.
He wanted to know how old I and why in the word was I in China.

This is
Hylan...he's teaching English in another school here in Chanxing.
He's so tall that Jessie got on a chair and was still shorter than him.

Statue at night in peoples square.

Kevin and I went to the
Changxing International Hotel and played some pool with some local kids...They were good!

The all Chinese team beat the Chinese/American team.


Well the weather has cooled down a bit and I've been taking bike rides in the evening after school...there's a whole different night life out there. I'll be sure to post some pictures of it in my next post.


Jim

No comments: