Monday, May 25, 2009

Two Years Ago in China

Sunday, May 24 2009

Two Years ago in China

Well...I've been back in America for 2 years now and just recently I've been having China dreams.
And I went to a Chinese buffet the other day. I got to try out my Chinese for the first time since I've been back. The woman was quite impressed with my pronunciation. She said most Caucasian people don't really pronounce the words correctly when speaking Chinese.

I can't wait to return to China again.
Here are some pictures of my year in China in random order.


A day in the country


Claudia enjoying the morning sun


It's a Chinese thing...You wouldn't understand


Hammock in a bamboo forest



Students


Teachers


Friends


Break time



My campus


Dinner and drinks with friends


Vicky...my favorite Chinese teacher...I miss her!


Yes YOU!!!


Rainy day(view from my apartment)





Back from Hainan...ready for Ma La Tang!


Between classes


Travel with friends



Hitting the Temples




Sushi chefs in Hainan


After being rained on hard for 2 hours, the clouds broke and gave Claudia and myself a quick break...then it poured again.



Weekend we would head off to nearby towns to explore.
Jaer would be our guide.


Hot Chinese chicks


Hanging on the beach in Hainan with Claudia.


Shopping for fruit...MMmmmm


Chillin' and jammin'




SCUBA diving in Hainan


Fishermen



Hostel hosts


Dinner by the beach


My friend Paul....He's back in Canada now.
We still chat on MSN.


The hostel in Hainan


Claudia relaxing after another wonderful meal by the beach.



I don't remember her name, but she was from England.



Hainan


White doves and apples.


Claudia getting half a sun tan.


Aahhh...Shanghai at night.


My Philippine teacher at the Kung Fu School


Gloria and I rode this tandem bike all the way around the XiAn City wall.


This is my scooter I used to get around town in Changxing.


Kung Fu School


Mmmh...Sun dried duck in Yang Shuo.


After a session of acupuncture we had some sizzling beef in Yang Shuo.



Linging temple in Hangzhuo.


Over 300 Buddhas carver into the side of the mountain.


Old village south of Guilin


Bamboo boat ride down the Li river.


River ferry in Yang Shuo.


Fishing with Comerants in Guilin


Little Muslim guy in Xi'an


Early morning in Yang Shuo.


Someone getting ready to take an early morning bamboo boat ride.





Gloria on a Li River cruise.


That was one ride I'll remember for the rest of my life.


The kitchen on the back of the big boats on the river.


Small village just outside of Yang Shuo.


Gloria at the market in Xi'An.


He showed me how good he could drink...LOL.



Gloria and Denise at the breakfast table in Yang Shuo.

Yang Shuo
Comerants

Big WOK!


Morning haze in Yang Shuo




Silk

Sports day at the school



Local farmer




More sports games



Mark...This little guy was so smart!
Tell him I said "Hello", Vicky!




Travel in China....BUS.
Everybody travels by bus.


Shanghai...The Bund.


The Subway in Shanghai with my German friend.


No comments: