Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'm back from Yang Shuo..Continued...III


The next day...Bikes again.

And...Hot air ballooning!


Again...very cheap...80 yuan. (10 bucks)
In America you can't even get in a hot air balloon for $10.



This was my first time in one of these things.




Because of the karst mountains, they couldn't just let us float around.
They kept us attached to a rope and took us up about 1,500 ft. or so for about 15 or 20 minutes.








Later on we ended up down by the Dragon River.
This is a spot were the bamboo rafts would pick up new customers and head on down the river.


It was a bit of a tourist trap.
They had a camel...you could get your picture taken with.


And what's a tourist trap without a monkey in a hat ?


Lots of bamboo boat traffic!


Later on we ended up in the middle of a goat stampede.



RUN FOR THE HILLS!!


"Did you see that?"
"Yeah, whatever."

Then a break at this little make shift shack.





We stopped at a local open air diner for some noodles and these Chinese people at the table next to us invited us to join them.



A few of them spoke English and were anxious to ask us questions about America and our experiences here in China.


They were so nice and wouldn't even let us pay for the food that we ordered.


Proud grandpa.


Here are some pictures I took after our cooking class the other day.
These are pig lungs.
Kelly told me they are a speciality of this restaurant.
First you flush them with a hose.


Then you cut them into chunks.
I'm not sure how you cook them but I think I'll pass on eating them.


In the evenings we would snack on some of the street foods available.
This guy was always busy...especially at 3 in the morning!


My favorite was sheep on pita bread.


Sheep kebabs, a Muslim speciality.


Denise was stocking up on the lichee's.


One afternoon we stopped by the Ti Chi school up river.
This is David. He is a chiropractor from New York.
He said he might be able to help me out with my frozen shoulder, so I gave him a shot at it.
He cracked and popped and twisted me back into shape.
It seems my alignment was off (spine).
I noticed a great improvement almost immediately.
But it still has it's limitations.


I could barely swing a sword!


Some locals near the school.


Next post, I get stalked by some long haired beauties in Long Sheng.




To be continued...

Jim

No comments: